Why Columbia, MO patients choose composite tooth-colored fillings for cavities
Dentists are always educating patients on the importance of keeping their smile healthy with routine cleanings, biannual examinations with their dentist, and with proper home health care, including brushing and flossing. However, some patients may still develop problems such as dental decay. Also known as cavities, these areas of decay can become large and deep, resulting in an infection within the tooth. As soon as a cavity is discovered, it needs to be treated by a dental professional as soon as possible with a filling. Dr. Chase Patton of Columbia, MO recommends using composite resin materials for filling a tooth.
Why choose composite resin?
Other dentists throughout the area may continue to use metal or silver amalgam fillings, which have been found to be detrimental in one’s overall health. This is because the restorations are formulated with approximately 50% mercury. Mercury, as many know, is not safe for humans and can become toxic if inserted anywhere in the body. Instead of silver amalgam fillings, we recommend the use of tooth-colored fillings made from composite resin.
There are many reasons why a patient may choose composite resin fillings for their smile. This dental bonding material is:
- Affordable. Patients find that this material is just as affordable as alternative materials, making it attainable for most budgets.
- Aesthetic. Composite resin bonding is made to match the patient’s teeth to be as obscure as possible!
- Fast. Unlike other restorations, which sometimes require weeks at a dental laboratory, dental bonding is placed and finished in the same visit.
- Safe. Since dental bonding does not include metal or mercury, it is completely safe to use in the smile for restoring natural teeth.
- Effective. Composite resin fillings can last many years with proper care and can allow patients to treat areas of decay long-term.
Treat decay with composite, tooth-colored fillings with Dr. Chase Patton
Patients of the Columbia, MO area are invited to find out more information about dental restorations such as fillings when decay exists. Our practice is located at 3005 Falling Leaf Court and can be reached by phone to request an appointment at (573) 875-7040.